These straightforward breakfast enchiladas are SO GOOD! They’re crammed with sausage, eggs, and salsa and are lined with one of the best sauce. You received’t be capable of cease at only one!
I like an excellent savory breakfast choice! These enchiladas actually hit the spot with all the eggs, sausage, and salsa! Plus. they’re really easy and scrumptious that my youngsters ask for them ALL the time. And when my youngsters ask for one thing then I ship! Not solely are these enchiladas so good however you’ll be able to simply change them as much as make them precisely what you want! You can also make them with all veggies, change up the meat, add some bacon and alter up the kind of salsa that you simply use!
As a result of these are really easy to make and alter them up! They’re on our breakfast rotation on a regular basis! Use these selfmade tortillas to make them further scrumptious. And never solely that, they’re tremendous filling so I’m not desirous to snack by 10:00 am. Go forward and provides these a attempt. Your youngsters will thanks for them later! Oh, and did I point out which you could make these the evening earlier than? It doesn’t get significantly better than that! See the field beneath to learn how to organize them forward of time!
Substances in Breakfast Enchiladas
Like I mentioned earlier than, you’ll be able to add or take away no matter ingredients you need and make these good only for you! However right here is an effective place to begin. See the recipe card beneath for precise ingredient measurements.
- Turkey sausage: I used turkey sausage however you need to use any pork or breakfast sausage that you simply love!
- Salsa: I like to make use of chunky salsa as a result of then I can style the individial veggies in each chunk!
- Eggs: The eggs get scrambled and combined in and are so scrumptious!
- Salt: That is used to reinforce the flavour of all the different ingredients!
- Pepper: This brings all the flavour however isn’t sufficient to have any warmth.
- Onion powder: I like utilizing this as a substitute of normal onions as a result of it blends so properly.
- Mexican cheese: You should use Monterey Jack cheese when you have that as a substitute!
- 4 tortillas: You should use storebought or these superb selfmade tortillas!
- Heavy cream: That is what makes the sauce soo creamy!
- Salsa verde: It’s also possible to use a can of inexperienced enchilada sauce.
- Cilantro: That is non-obligatory!
- Avocado, diced tomatoes, inexperienced onion, cilantro: These are just a few concepts which you could placed on high!
Let’s Make Some Enchiladas!
These breakfast enchiladas are tremendous straightforward and take lower than an hour to make… and that features baking time!
- Coat with salsa: Coat the underside of the ready pan with ¼ cup salsa verde.
- Heat and fill tortillas: You’ll be able to heat the tortillas for 20 seconds within the microwave to make rolling simpler! Then, fill every tortilla with about ½ cup of the sausage and egg combination. Sprinkle a small quantity of shredded cheese over the filling earlier than rolling the tortilla tightly. Place the rolled tortilla into the ready pan with the seam side down. Repeat till the baking dish is full. You may need leftover filling relying how full you fill the tortillas.
- Add sauce and cheese to high: Pour the enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas after which high with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake and garnish: Bake for 25 minutes or till golden and bubbly. When they’re performed, take them out and garnish with avocado, inexperienced onion, diced tomatoes, and cilantro!
If you happen to’re like me then you’ll love these breakfast enchiladas and make them a LOT! And the explanation why I do is that I can change it as much as be completely different each time! Listed below are some concepts which you could attempt to do the identical.
- Toppings: Change up what you placed on high! I like utilizing purple or orange bell peppers, diced mango, purple onions, roasted cauliflower, or zucchini!
- Use completely different tortillas: If you happen to don’t love flour tortillas then you need to use corn tortillas as a substitute! Here’s a recipe for selfmade corn tortillas.
- Change up the meat: The fantastic thing about this recipe is which you could combine and match with no matter you’ve got available! Use floor turkey, Italian sausage or pork or floor beef. You could possibly even use cooked bacon!
How you can Make These Forward of Time
It’s tremendous straightforward to make these breakfast enchiladas forward of time! Simply comply with the recipe however earlier than you bake it (and WITHOUT the sauce), put it in a sealed, hermetic container and put them within the fridge. When you’re able to prepare dinner them, combine up the enchilada sauce and put it on. Bake it in line with the instructions and voila! You’ve gotten a scrumptious breakfast that is able to eat in lower than 25 minutes!
Wonderful Breakfast Enchiladas
- 1 pound turkey sausage (any pork or breakfast sausage)
- 1/2 cup jarred chunky salsa
- 8 massive eggs crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 2 cups shredded Mexican or monterey jack cheese divided
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas extra if wanted
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups salsa verde or inexperienced enchilada sauce divided
- 1/4 cup contemporary cilantro
- diced tomatoes
- inexperienced onion
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Put aside.
In a big saucepan, prepare dinner the sausage over medium-high warmth till absolutely cooked. About 5-7 minutes. Drain the oil from the pan. Add ½ cup chunky salsa to the meat. Stir to mix. Take away the sausage combination from the pan and set it apart.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Add a few tablespoons of water to the combination to assist make your eggs fluffy.
Cook dinner the eggs in the identical pan because the sausage. Cook dinner over medium warmth till the eggs are scrambled. Add the cooked sausage combination to eggs, and stir till all of the ingredients are mixed.
Put together the enchilada sauce by whisking or mixing collectively the salsa verde, heavy cream, and cilantro.
Coat the underside of the ready pan with ¼ cup salsa verde.
You’ll be able to heat the tortillas for 20 seconds within the microwave to make rolling simpler if you want. Fill every tortilla with about ½ cup of the sausage and egg combination. Sprinkle a small quantity of shredded cheese over the filling earlier than rolling the tortilla tightly. Place the rolled tortilla into the ready pan with the seam side down. Repeat till the baking dish is full. Further filling could also be leftover relying on how full you fill the tortillas.
Pour the enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas, and high with remaining shredded cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes or till golden and bubbly. Garnish with avocado, inexperienced onion, diced tomatoes, and cilantro if desired.
-White flour, complete wheat tortillas, or corn tortillas can be utilized.
-Egg whites or a mix of eggs and egg whites can be utilized.
-Search for chunky jarred salsa with inexperienced chillies and/or peppers for added taste.
-This recipe is so versatile. You’ll be able to add black beans, cooked onions and peppers, cooked hash browns…any sort of breakfast or Mexican ingredient that you simply need.
-An extra pan and tortillas could also be wanted relying on how a lot filling is leftover.