Making roasted cauliflower steaks is one of the best ways to indicate all this veggie has to supply! They’re amazingly tender and tossed in a mouthwatering mix of garlic, paprika, and parmesan.
Utilizing cauliflower is a good way to make all your favourite recipes low-carb! You’ll need to strive tots, parmesan roasted cauliflower, and mac and cheese! They’re all so extremely good, you’ll be hooked!
Oven-Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Recipe
Should you aren’t already on the cauliflower prepare, it’s time to get on. That is an extremely versatile vegetable and may mimic the flavour and texture of tons of various dishes! You’ll find my grasp record right here, however a few of my all-time favourite recipes are “buffalo wing” cauliflower, cauliflower fritters, and Wisconsin cauliflower soup. I’m tremendous excited so as to add a brand new cauliflower recipe to the lineup at the moment! These “steaks” are thick cuts of cauliflower drizzled in olive oil after which coated in garlic, paprika, and parmesan cheese. All you’ve obtained to do is roast them for 20 minutes within the oven! They prove heat, tender, and flavorful each time. A tasty side in a pinch! Excellent for you busy mothers on the market.
Cauliflower is nice as a result of it has a really gentle taste when cooked. It’s one of many few greens that my youngsters will truly eat! Typically I’ll throw it right into a casserole or fried rice they usually don’t even discover. These cauliflower steaks are not any completely different! My household loves how gentle and flavorful they’re. I do know yours will, too! I even caught my youngest licking her plate after she completed. That’s the signal of a profitable dinner in my e-book! You possibly can’t go unsuitable with parmesan, garlic, and paprika! The flavour of those cauliflower steaks is totally drool-worthy. Let’s make some!
Elements for Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Solely 6 ingredients for an incredible side that’s sooo good, you’ll overlook it’s wholesome! Cauliflower steaks are tremendous easy however have probably the most superb taste. Should you’re in search of particular person measurements, you could find them within the recipe card beneath!
- Cauliflower: Our MVP! As a result of we’re making “steaks” right here, you’ll need your cauliflower heads on the bigger side.
- Olive Oil: Used to drizzle throughout your steaks. If you would like the perfect taste, strive utilizing extra-virgin olive oil!
- Paprika: Provides a gentle, candy spice.
- Garlic: Garlic is a should! It makes your cauliflower steaks good and savory. They scent completely divine once they’re cooking, too!
- Salt and Pepper: Sprinkle salt and pepper on to reinforce your flavors!
- Parmesan: Parmesan makes all the things higher! I like the delicate cheesiness it provides to the flavour of the cauliflower.
Making Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
This is without doubt one of the best sides to whip up. It solely takes a couple of minutes however will deliver your complete meal collectively, belief me! The flavour and texture of cauliflower steaks are to die for!
- Preheat Oven, Prep Caulifower: To begin, preheat the oven to 400 levels. Then, put together the cauliflower by washing it and trimming the leaves and backside of the core.
- Slice: Subsequent, slice the cauliflower into ¾ inch slices. The outer cauliflower will fall off. You possibly can roast them on the sides of the cauliflower steaks.
- Drizzle with Oil: Lay the cauliflower steaks right into a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil on prime.
- Combine Topping: Subsequent up, mix the paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Sprinkle evenly on every side of the cauliflower.
- Roast and Serve: Roast the cauliflower for 10 minutes and flip. Roast for a further 10 minutes or till they tender and brown. Take pleasure in!
Roasted Cauliflower Suggestions and Tips
All the pieces from choosing your cauliflower to including further flavors, I’ve compiled a few of my favourite suggestions and methods right here! Identical to it has for me, I’m positive cauliflower steaks will turn into a brand new favourite for you! They’re an superior side!
- Selecting Cauliflower: Search for giant, densely-packed heads of cauliflower. Be sure they’re a vibrant white coloration and freed from any blemishes or brown spots!
- Enable Air to Move: Don’t overcrowd your pan when roasting your cauliflower. They want loads of area and airflow to turn into as tasty and caramelized as potential!
- Don’t Overlook to Flip: Make sure you flip your cauliflower steaks midway by way of the baking time. This can make every side tender and completely golden brown!
- Crispy Cauliflower: If you would like your cauliflower to have a crispy outer layer, merely toss them in some cornflour earlier than baking!
- Including Flavors: Whereas I like the style that paprika and garlic create, in order for you one thing a little bit extra toned down, these are superb with a splash of olive oil and Italian seasoning! It’s a contemporary, fragrant twist on the recipe. And in the event you’re wanting a little bit extra warmth, strive including a pinch of cayenne!
Roasted cauliflower goes with absolutely anything. They’re a traditional side for issues like chicken and steak, however have quite a lot of different superb pairings, too! I like throwing them into curry, or including to salads and rice bowls. It’s a terrific low-carb manner so as to add taste to no matter you’re making!
Storing Leftover Cauliflower Steaks
Should you don’t find yourself ending this tasty side, it may be saved and loved later! Right here’s the best way to preserve it as contemporary and scrumptious as potential.
- Within the Fridge: You possibly can retailer your leftover cauliflower steaks in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.
- Reheating: Since cauliflower has a excessive water content material, I desire reheating it within the oven. I’ve discovered that reheating it within the microwave can generally make it soggy. To reheat, place your cauliflower on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels Fahrenheit till warmed by way of. Ensure to not let your cauliflower burn, as this makes the veggie fairly bitter.
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon parmesan
Preheat the oven to 400 levels. Put together the cauliflower by washing it and trimming the leaves and backside of the core.
Slice the cauliflower into ¾ inch slices. The outer cauliflower will fall off. You possibly can roast them on the sides of the cauliflower steaks.
Mix the paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Sprinkle evenly on every side of the cauliflower.
Roast the cauliflower for 10 minutes and flip. Roast for a further 10 minutes or till they’re tender and brown.