This coconut rice is now going to be one among your go-to side dishes! Fluffed to perfection this rice is SO GOOD and is tremendous straightforward to make!
Each dish wants some scrumptious rice to go along with it! Strive serving it with this Jerk Rooster, Baked Coconut Shrimp, and even this scrumptious Cilantro Lime Butter Salmon. I really like all of them!
This coconut rice is insanely scrumptious! It has the right delicate trace of coconut taste. You may style it but it surely doesn’t take over. This is the reason that is going to change into your go-to side dish! This pairs so completely with shrimp, chicken, and particularly something that has a cilantro-lime taste! It enhances nearly every thing and is a enjoyable twist in your basic white rice!
Fortunately, this recipe not solely tastes wonderful however it’s SO straightforward to make!! When you’ve got just a few additional minutes earlier than your meal then it is best to undoubtedly be making this coconut rice! It’s acquired the right style and texture from utilizing solely 5 ingredients. Plus, it solely takes about quarter-hour to make! So there actually isn’t any excuse to place off making this! Begin every now and then you should have one of the best go-to side dish for every thing!
Substances You Will Have to Make Coconut Rice
This recipe solely makes use of 5 (sure 5!) ingredients to make this wonderful rice! Strive it as soon as after which you’ll by no means return to common rice. See the recipe card under for an inventory of tangible ingredient measurements.
- Jasmine rice: Jasmine rice is a MUST as a result of it brings out probably the most taste!
- Coconut milk: Simply seize a can of come coconut milk on the retailer and you can be all set!
- Coconut water: Utilizing coconut water as an alternative of standard water helps to deliver forth that delicate coconut taste a bit extra.
- Sugar: Since coconut is just not too candy naturally, this tiny little bit of sugar brings simply the suitable amout to the flavour!
- Salt: Salt is used to boost the style the entire different flavors and ingredients.
Let’s Make Some Rice!
Put aside quarter-hour for this side dish and you can be good to go! It goes with nearly every thing so go forward and provides it a strive. You’ll like it!
- Combine ingredients: In a medium sized sauce pan mix jasmine rice, coconut milk, water, sugar and salt.
- Boil, scale back warmth and canopy: Carry to a boil and scale back warmth to low after which cowl it for 12-14 minutes or till rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Combine-in and Topping Concepts
This tried and true coconut rice may be combined with so many alternative issues. You should use it as a side dish OR you possibly can add in just a few different ingredients after which eat it similar to that! I’ve provide you with just a few concepts that you may begin with!
- Sliced almonds: Any nuts will work however I particularly love almonds with rice.
- Peppers: Orange, crimson or yellow peppers are one of the best with this rice!
- Beans: Combine this with some black beans or pinto beans and mix completely different textures.
- Toasted coconut: Coconut rice isn’t naturally candy such as you would suppose. Add in some sweetened toasted coconut and make this dish candy as an alternative of savory.
- Avocado: Mixing in avocado not solely will add in a creamy texture however its so wholesome for you!
- Cilantro: Including cilantro to rice is all the time a good suggestion!
How one can Retailer Leftovers
This rice is nice for leftovers! Retailer this in your fridge in an hermetic container after which it should final for 3-4 days. All that it’s a must to do is reheat it within the microwave till it’s heat! You should use it for lunches or dinners all week lengthy!
Fast and Simple Coconut Rice
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 (14 ounces of canned) coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a medium sized sauce pan mix jasmine rice, coconut milk, water, sugar and salt.
Carry to a boil and scale back warmth to low and canopy for 12-14 minutes or till rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.