Rooster broccoli and rice casserole is a scrumptious, simple, family-friendly dish! It’s creamy and crammed with flavors that completely complement one another! You’ll like it!
This recipe is amazingly scrumptious and you’ll’t beat a home made casserole! After you’ve tried this one, go forward and make Cowboy Casserole, Corn Casserole, or this yummy Sausage and Biscuit Casserole. You’ll love all of them!
Easy and Scrumptious Casserole
I really like a very good casserole! There are such a lot of on the market that it’s arduous to know which of them are price making an attempt. To assist me determine that out, it has to test off a couple of bins! It should be easy, fast, and simple to make and never have too many ingredients. Oh, and it needs to be scrumptious! However that goes with out saying. This chicken and rice casserole has traditional ingredients like this home made cream of chicken soup that I not solely love however that my youngsters go loopy over! And, should you actually wish to go above and past, then you need to make this superb dessert to go along with it. Your loved ones will thanks later!
With a bunch of ingredients that you simply in all probability have already got in your kitchen, this casserole is one thing you may make on the final minute! I really like that it’s all made in a single pan and cooked collectively all of sudden. You get your grains, protein, and greens in a single! This protects me from having to make extra sides for dinner and is what makes this good for these on the go nights! When you attempt it, it should positively turn out to be a household favourite!
Components in Broccoli and Rice Rooster Casserole
Like I mentioned earlier than, the ingredients on this are in all probability already issues that you’ve in your kitchen! This makes it so easy to place collectively! See the recipe card beneath for a listing of actual ingredient measurements.
- Butter: Since you are including salt later, I like to make use of unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Onion: Chop up your onion into items comparable in dimension in order that it cooks evenly.
- Broccoli florets: Chop these up huge or small, you are able to do no matter is finest for your loved ones to eat!
- Rice: You’ll prepare dinner this up earlier than mixing it in with the entire different ingredients.
- Cream of chicken soup: You should utilize store-bought or you possibly can attempt making this scrumptious home made cream of chicken soup.
- Bitter cream: This helps give the dish that creamy texture.
- Milk: Utilizing milk will assist to combine the entire ingredients collectively.
- Salt and pepper: Including these in will assist enhace the flavors of the entire different ingredients and provides it some further flavoring!
- Garlic powder: I looooove the flavour of garlic! It provides a number of scrumptious taste to this recipe!
- Cooked chicken: I used a rotissarie chicken however it’s also possible to prepare dinner up some chicken breast or use canned chicken in a pinch as nicely!
- Panko: Whenever you combine this with the butter, it creates the right topping that can get crispy and golden whereas it bakes!
- Parmesan: Provides within the good taste to prime the casserole.
- Butter: You’ll soften the butter to make use of within the topping and blend with with the cheese and bread crumbs!
The right way to Make Broccoli and Rice Rooster Casserole
This casserole might be made in about half-hour! It’s the right last-minute meal that your complete household will go loopy over!
- Preheat and sauté: Preheat oven to 350 levels. In a medium sized saucepan add the butter and onion and sauté over medium excessive warmth till nearly tender. Add within the broccoli and sauté till they begin to soften about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix: In a big bowl mix the broccoli and onion, rice, cream of chicken soup, bitter cream, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chicken.
- Put in casserole dish: Unfold evenly right into a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Mix, sprinkle and bake: Mix the Panko, parmesan, and butter. Sprinkle on prime of casserole and bake for 20-25 minutes or till golden brown on prime and heated by.
Variations to Strive
This broccoli and rice chicken casserole is ideal as is however if you wish to prepare dinner it extra usually, you possibly can simply change a couple of issues up and make it style contemporary and new each time! Listed below are a couple of concepts!.
- Greens: Strive switching out the broccoli for different greens that you simply like! Carrots, peas, inexperienced beans or any ones that you simply actually love! Or, you possibly can even add a couple of extra to the broccoli! Simply just be sure you regulate the quantities. For instance, should you add in a single ingredient, make it 2 cups of every. If you wish to use 4 veggies, add 1 cup of every!
- Rice: You may change the white rice out for brown rice should you like that higher. It’ll alter the style a bit however be jst as yummy. Make sure that to observe the instructions on the rice that you’re utilizing as a result of brown rice takes a bit longer to prepare dinner!
The right way to Retailer Leftovers
This broccoli and rice chicken casserole is simply pretty much as good (if not higher!) the subsequent day! Right here is how one can retailer it and reheat it for later!
- Fridge: As soon as your casserole has cooled then retailer it in an hermetic container and place it in your fridge. It’ll final for 3-4 days!
- Reheat: To reheat your leftovers, place particular person servings on plates and microwave them on excessive for 1- 2 minutes or till heated by.
Broccoli and Rice Rooster Casserole
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cups contemporary broccoli florets
- 2 cups rice cooked
- 1 can cream of chicken soup OR home made cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup bitter cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken works nice)
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
Preheat oven to 350 levels. In a medium-sized saucepan add the butter and onion and sauté over medium-high warmth till nearly tender. Add within the broccoli and sauté till they begin to soften about 3-4 minutes.
In a big bowl mix the broccoli and onion, rice, cream of chicken soup, bitter cream, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chicken.
Unfold evenly right into a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
Mix the Panko, parmesan, and butter. Sprinkle on prime of casserole and bake for 20-25 minutes or till golden brown on prime and heated by.