Cajun fries are baked to absolute perfection! With a scrumptious, spicy style and crispy texture, I don’t assume that they get a lot better than this!
If you happen to love french fries, then these will certainly hit the spot. I like something with a spicy kick to it in order that makes these fries the proper snack or side! Cook dinner up some Shrimp Boil Foil Packets, Angel Biscuits and finish the night time with some Mississippi Mud Cake. It is going to be a southern meal for the books!
What Do Cajun Fries Style Like?
Cajun fries are significantly certainly one of my favourite methods to prepare dinner up some french fries! They’ve the proper quantity of seasoning and taste. This makes them in a position to stand out on their very own or be blended in as a side to mainly any meal. Cajun seasoning that you simply use to taste these fries with, it spicy however the warmth isn’t an excessive amount of. The Cajun taste hails from Louisiana which is why you will notice this spice utilized in jambalaya, shrimp, and even lobster tails!
Cajun fries take that spicy (however not too heat-filled) taste and add it to everybody’s favourite and traditional side. French fries! When you mix that scrumptious and crispy french fry with this wonderful Cajun flavoring, you received’t ever return to plain, salted fried once more. It takes french fries to a complete new degree. Just be sure you double this recipe in case you are feeding a big crowd as a result of these will fly off of your desk so quick! They’re finger-licking good and undoubtedly a recipe that you need to bookmark!
Elements You Have to Make Cajun Fries
The very best half about this recipe is that it’s restaurant-quality french fries with solely FOUR ingredients! And ones that you simply most likely have already got at house! See the recipe card under for an inventory of actual measurements.
- Russet Potatoes: Whenever you slice up your potatoes, make sure that to maintain all of them about the identical measurement. I make sure that to observe this fastidiously as a result of this may have an effect on how evenly your fries prepare dinner. They may prepare dinner higher if they’re all about the identical measurement.
- Olive Oil: I like to make use of olive oil as a result of it’s more healthy however you need to use vegetable oil if that’s all that you’ve got readily available.
- Cajun Seasoning: If you happen to can, attempt to make this home made cajun seasoning beforehand. I feel it’s definitely worth the wonderful style! However… if you happen to solely have time for store-bought then that can work too!
- Salt: The salt simply enhances the seasoning taste!
Let’s Cook dinner Up Some Fries!
French fries are certainly one of my favourite and simple recipes to prepare dinner up. They ship on wonderful style and texture and these Cajun fries do exactly that!
- Preheat oven: Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Clear and reduce the potatoes: Scrub the potatoes clear. If you need to peel them go forward, however I selected to depart the skins on. Both press the potatoes by means of a big fry cutter or reduce into ½ inch sq. sticks.
- Soak and rinse: Add your reduce potatoes to a big bowl of chilly water and soak for not less than half-hour to launch the surplus potato starch. After half-hour is up, drain and rinse potatoes.
- Dry the potatoes and coat with seasoning: Dry the potatoes very nicely and lay them out on a big baking sheet. Add the olive oil, cajun seasoning and salt to the potatoes and toss collectively till evenly coated. You are able to do this in a bowl as an alternative, however I love to do it proper on the baking sheet to save lots of myself from having to scrub one other dish.
- Bake, flip and dip: Bake for 20 minutes. Take away from the oven and flip the fries over and bake for one more 20 minutes earlier than having fun with along with your favourite dipping sauce.
What Can I Dip These Fries In?
Let’s be sincere, these Cajun fries are SOO GOOD all by themselves. BUT… In order for you some recommendations on what is going to take them to the subsequent degree then listed below are a couple of concepts for dips!
- Ranch dip: Doesn’t every little thing style higher with ranch? This creamy ranch dip is to die for and the flavour with these fries is wonderful!
- Ketchup: You may’t go mistaken with ketchup and these fries are not any exception!
- Fry sauce: If you happen to don’t know what fry sauce is, then you might be about to strive one of the best sauce ever! Fry sauce is a combination of ketchup and mayonaise that’s a tremendous dipping sauce for fries!
Learn how to Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
If you wish to make an additional batch of those Cajun fries so that you’ve got some able to eat for later, I feel that’s an amazing concept! Right here is how one can retailer them!
- Fridge: After getting let the fries cool then place them in an hermetic container. They’ll final in your fridge for 3-5 days.
- Reheat: Reheating french fries needs to be accomplished a sure approach as a result of the way you reheat them will make them or break them! I wish to reheat mine within the oven in order that they’ve that crispy texture. It would make them style contemporary once more! Preheat your oven to 450 levels. Place the fries on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast them for 3-5 minutes. Take away them and luxuriate in!
Wonderful Cajun Fries
- 4-5 giant Russet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
Preheat the oven to 425°.
Add your reduce potatoes to a big bowl of chilly water and soak for not less than half-hour to launch the surplus potato starch. After half-hour is up, drain and rinse potatoes.
Dry the potatoes very nicely and lay them out on a big baking sheet. Add the olive oil, cajun seasoning, and salt to the potatoes and toss collectively till evenly coated. You are able to do this in a bowl as an alternative, however I love to do it proper on the baking sheet to save lots of myself from having to scrub one other dish.
Bake for 20 minutes. Take away from the oven and flip the fries over and bake for one more 20 minutes earlier than having fun with along with your favourite dipping sauce.