Three Cheese Zucchini Gratin has layers of creamy, tacky sauce and is topped with a crunchy buttery topping. Ooey-gooey and tacky, this low-carb take-on consolation meals will please any crowd!
This recipe is a twist on traditional scalloped potatoes. Gratins are so wealthy and indulgent, they make any meal a pleasure to serve and eat. Attempt creamy cauliflower, brussels sprouts, or potato and mushroom gratins for a extra mouthwatering taste you’ll LOVE!
Zucchini Casserole Recipe
If you would like a facet dish to impress that is it! Not solely is Zucchini tasty, however it’s additionally good for you too! It’s low in energy, keto-friendly, and filled with antioxidants, potassium, and nutritional vitamins B and C. For these occasions once you really need consolation meals however don’t wish to overload in energy, that is the dish for you. Zucchini gratin is simply as satisfying and filling as a potato dish with half the carbs!
The opposite beauty of this recipe is that this can be very straightforward to throw collectively. It makes use of so many easy elements that you could be not even must go store for any! I do know your loved ones goes to go loopy over this fast and simple dish. As a facet, it pairs so properly with a wide range of dishes, however truthfully, this zucchini gratin is so good, it’s possible you’ll wish to simply eat it alone!
Zucchini Gratin Components
These pantry staples come collectively to create essentially the most hearty, tacky goodness! Zucchini gratin is the proper mixture and the most effective facet dish on the desk this summertime. For full recipe particulars, see the recipe card under.
- Zucchini: You will have 6 medium zucchinis, sliced. You may as well grate your zucchini as a substitute for a extra noodle-like texture.
- Mozzarella Cheese: The stretchy, melty texture of Mozzarella is ideal for gratins.
- Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan provides a fantastic taste and nuttiness.
- Cheddar Cheese: Cheddar is at all times a favourite for sharp taste and colour.
- Milk: Any p.c of milk will do, skim, 1%, 2% and even complete.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Provides moisture and thickness to your creamy sauce.
- Flour: To be used as a thickening agent. All-purpose flour works nice!
- Butter: Provides a wealthy taste to your gratin. All the pieces is best with butter!
- Salt: Add kind of to style.
- Garlic Powder: For an ideal savory taste! Belief me, you need garlic on this.
Zucchini Gratin Tacky Topping
Should you love cheese then this topping is to die for! Bake the zucchini gratin simply sufficient to have the cheese soften with that crusted overlay on prime of the casserole. You’ll love this mixture as soon as baked!
- Bread Crumbs: You need to use Panko or Common bread crumbs
- Parmesan: This provides further taste and texture to your gratin.
- Butter: Holds all the pieces collectively and helps it style superb.
Making Three Cheese Zucchini Gratin
In simply 4 straightforward steps, you’ll have a scrumptious dinner that the entire household will love! This zucchini gratin recipe solely takes quarter-hour of prep time after which it’s hands-off!
- Combine Collectively Sauce: In a medium sauce pan soften the butter and whisk within the flour till thick. Slowly whisk within the milk and heavy cream. Stir within the cheese and blend until melted. Add within the garlic powder and salt.
- Layer: Reduce the zucchini into ¼ inch slices. Layer on the underside of sprayed 2 quart casserole dish. Spoon among the sauce on prime of the primary layer. Layer extra zucchini and sauce until you’ve used all of it ending with sauce final.
- Add Topping: For the topping combine collectively the bread crumbs and parmesan and sprinkle on prime. Pour the melted butter on prime.
- Bake: Bake at 375 levels for 25-30 min until bubbly and heated by means of. Broil the highest for about 5 minutes till golden brown.
Parmesan Zucchini Gratin Ideas and Variations
Parmesan zucchini gratin is a simple, tasty dish that everybody will get pleasure from. Use these nice suggestions and methods to customise and improve your dish!
- Utilizing Completely different Cheeses: You possibly can positively combine up the cheeses to your liking or to work with what you’re serving. From cream cheese, feta, to pepper jack you will get artistic with it. Gruyere and brie are additionally nice additions- they add extra creaminess to your zucchini gratin sauce.
- Cream: You need to use half and half if you wish to scale back the fats of your gratin.
- Reduce Zucchini Evenly: Slice your zucchini evenly in order that it cooks on the similar fee. You need to use yellow zucchini right here as properly or a combination of each.
- Spices: Add in several spices for further zing. Make it Italian with basil and oregano. For a Mexican take, use cumin, chili powder, and paprika.
- Toppings: For a enjoyable twist, strive French fried onions on prime! I additionally suggest sprinkling selfmade Italian seasoning on prime for an additional pop of taste.
- Zucchini Too Watery: Zucchini naturally has a really excessive water content material, so there are a pair methods I take advantage of to verify your gratin doesn’t turn out to be too watery. The primary is to sprinkle your freshly minimize zucchini with salt and let it sit in a strainer. The salt will work to drag the water out. You may as well sauté your zucchini earlier than layering to cut back its moisture.
Parmesan zucchini gratin pairs completely with grilled meats and seafood. Attempt a roasted rooster or baked salmon for a brilliant satisfying meal. This gratin is so good by itself, although, you possibly can simply have this as your foremost dish served with a loaf of crusty bread and a facet salad and also you’ve obtained a tasty dinner in your palms!
Storing Leftover au Zucchini Gratin
- Within the Fridge: Hold in a sealed container for as much as 3 days within the fridge.
- To Reheat: Prepare dinner in oven at 350 levels Fahrenheit till heat.
- Make Forward: You possibly can combine this up and freeze for as much as 2 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge after which bake as directed. Chances are you’ll want so as to add 5-10 minutes to verify it cooks all over.
Three Cheese Zucchini Gratin
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- 2 cup whipping cream also can use half and half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 6 small zucchini sliced about ¼ inch thick
- Snipped contemporary chives for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 levels. Calmly spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray and put aside. In a small saucepan soften 2 Tablespoons butter over medium warmth and which within the flour, salt and pepper. Add the whipping cream and stir for about 2 minutes till it begins to thicken. Add ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
Prepare half of the zucchini within the ready casserole dish overlapping one another. Unfold half of the sauce on prime adopted by ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat with one other layer of zucchini and sauce topped with mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes or till the zucchini are fork tender and the highest is beginning to brown. Sprinkle with chives earlier than serving.
Initially Posted on August 7, 2014